Monday, March 28, 2011

Corduroy

Title: Corduroy
Author: Don Freeman
Genre: Picture Book
Publisher: Penguin Group
Copyright Date: 1976
Pages in Book: 32 pages
Reading Level: infant- 5 years

Summary: This is a story about a little teddy bear, which is passed up in the department store because he is missing a button. He goes in search of the button, all over the store, searching high and low. He finally finds his button, and Lisa (the girl whose mother made her pass him up) returns to the store and buys him, sews on the button and he’s brand new and has a new home.

Reaction: I have always loved this book. I thought it was so cute, and I somehow managed to find something new out of the book each and every time. I love how over everything else, Corduroy was able to find himself a home and become happy with his new friend Lisa.

Recommendation: Of course! I’d recommend this book to each and every child. I think that it’s a necessary book for each family to have in their home! It’s got a sweet message, and one that makes anyone who reads it happy.

Potential Problems/Conflicts: Not a single problem. I think this is a classic, and honestly I couldn’t find a problem wrong with this book, even if I wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment