Monday, March 28, 2011

Tuesday

Title: Tuesday
Author: David Wiesner
Genre: Picture Book
Publisher: Clarion Books
Copyright Date: 1991
Pages in Book: 30 pages
Reading Level: infant – 5 years

Summary: This is a straight up picture book. There are very few words in this book. So the story line can pretty much be anything that you make it to be. But to me, once eight o’clock hits, the frogs begin flying around the city. They fly into people’s houses, through clothes lines, at dogs, etc. Once the sun comes up, the powers fade, and they quickly hop back to their ponds, leaving the people of the city to figure out what happened during that night. Then a week later, about the same time, the pigs start flying…

Reaction: I liked this book. I thought the illustrations were good, and I like that the author left a lot of the story up to the readers’ imagination.

Recommendation: I’d recommend this book to children about the ages of the reading level. I think it’s one that the children would get a giggle out of, because on what planet do frogs or pigs fly?

Potential Problems/Conflicts: The only thing that bothered me was that the frogs eyes looked rather creepy from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment