Monday, March 21, 2011

Just What Mama Needs

Title: “Just What Mama Needs”
Author: Sharlee Glenn
Genre: Picture Book
Publisher: Harcourt Inc.
Copyright Date:  2008
Pages in Book: 32 pages
Reading Level: 4-8 years old

Summary: This book is about a little dog named Abby, who dresses up as a different character each day. She dresses up as a pirate, detective, cowgirl, witch, genie, queen, and herself. Each day she helped her mother accomplish tasks around the house, and did chores. At the end of the week, she became herself and went around doing things that she loved to do.

Reaction: I honestly thought that it was a very cute story, and it involved imagination and created fun ideas for the kids to act up as. I thought the story line was a fun one, and one that the children would thoroughly enjoy.

Recommendation: I’d recommend this story to younger children, but probably not eight year olds like the reading level claims. I thought that it wouldn’t be advanced enough for the eight year olds.  

Potential Problems/Conflicts: I didn’t have any problems with the book. I thought it was a cute one, and one that I would let my children read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment