Monday, March 21, 2011

Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa

Title: “Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa”
Author: Erica Silverman
Genre: Picture book
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Inc.
Copyright Date:  2005
Pages in Book: 39 pages
Reading Level: 6-9 years

Summary: This book is about two companions who do everything together. Cowgirl Kate goes through several cowgirl activities, and many of the times Cocoa is either hungry, or thirsty. They struggle through things, but in the end they work together and the things around the ranch/farm are finished.

Reaction: I thought it was a cute book, and definitely one that I would read to younger children. I felt like it was very repetitive, but young children would get a giggle out of what goes on. I liked the strong bond that Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa have.

Recommendation: I’d definitely recommend this book to children from the ages of 6-9. No older though. Even though it was a good book, it wasn’t my favorite and I’m not sure all children would appreciate it.

Potential Problems/Conflicts: The only problem that I had with the book was that it was repetitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment