Monday, March 21, 2011

Morris's Disappearing Bag

Title: “Morris’s Disappearing Bag”
Author: Rosemary Wells
Genre: Picture Book
Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd.
Copyright Date:  1999
Pages in Book: 40 pages
Reading Level: 3-7 years

Summary: This is a story about a young rabbit named Morris, who gets a teddy bear for Christmas. His brother and sisters get a chemistry set, beauty products and a hockey puck and stick. The older bunnies all get to play with each other’s gifts, but they claim that Morris is too small and would ruin their presents. Upset, he finds another present that was unclaimed under the tree. He opens it up, and in it is a disappearing bag. He crawls in, and hides. His sisters and brother look all over for him. Once he comes out, they get so excited to use it. They let him play with their presents in exchange for letting them play in his bag.

Reaction: I thought this was a very cute book and I really enjoyed it! I liked how the bunnies were acting like literal people. They did everything that humans would do. And I even felt like they reacted in ways that children would react. It was a cute story, one that I think all children with siblings would be able to connect with. Rosemary Wells writes good books, and ones that I think all children should read.

Recommendation: I’d recommend this story to all children, but especially children from the recommended levels. It’s an easy read, and one that all would enjoy.

Potential Problems/Conflicts: I didn’t see any problems with this book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and would want all kids to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment